Here I am again…back in the blogging world.
In 2009, I began blogging as Angelica Minx – sassy mistress of mischief and chief burlesque, pop culture and pin up purveyor. Those were the days of blog conventions, old school blogging linkys, online friendships with fellow bloggers … Sadly, that blog met a cruel demise courtesy of a third party along with six years worth of daily writing. All good things come to an end, I guess.
Just recently, one of the old mob created an “Old School Bloggers” facebook page and I was invited to join – I did fangirl for a moment because while my blog provided me with enough income to pay my mortgage back in the day, I didn’t consider myself up with the likes of some of the Old School Bloggers group. Being in touch with some of those lovely ladies again reignited my love for the blogging community. I had been pining for my blog for the last couple of years but didn’t know how to reclaim my blogging identity given that so many things had changed in my life. Yet, here I am, rebirthed as Mama Kat Plus 8. I am so entirely ecstatically happy to be back. Thank you so much for stopping by to read my words, my gratitudes, my rants and the other random things I write about.
Writing is like oxygen for me. I have kept a diary since I was 11 years old and I think I have missed one or two weeks at the most. I am now 41 and I still write, but this time I overshare a tad and add some pretty pictures. Thank you for having me back, blogging world.
Now the predictable about me … to please your nosy parker selves, here are 10 things you may or may not wish to know about me.
- My Plus 8 consists of a blended family from three and four kids – seven kids in total. I am a mother to three kids, aged 12, 14 and 16 and step mother to four kids, 8, 13, 14 and 16. Five of our kids live with us all of the time (one of mine, four of my bonus kids), two of my kids are with their father some of the time.
- I am a part time primary school teacher, ex journalist and marketing consultant of over twenty years experience.
- I am studying psychology at Deakin University. I hope to do my PhD and help kids and adolescents with the tools to navigate this increasingly crazy world.
- I am crazy, craaaaaaazy in love with my non husband husband Tim. We are absolute chalk and cheese in so many ways and are sickeningly cute. I could, and probably will, make you sick with all the blog posts I could write about our relationship.
- I love gaming (Sony, come at me with sponsorship!), The Walking Dead and Wolverine. Oh that growl. *swoon*
- I am a British born Australian and a wistful child of the world. I don’t actually think of any actual physical as home because I have moved 42 times in 41 years.
- I LOVE tea. Like I am obsessed with it.
- I love to read, study, learn, explore, analyse. A lifelong student.
- Bed picnics and bed snuggles are possibly my two favourite things.
- I believe in love, and empathy, and cuddles, and hope, and giving people a chance to be the best version of themselves.
If you are considering working with me, please see my Work With Me page. I get all very businessy there.